As a weekly reminder of who's doing good things down in the minors, Giant Potential will name a "Prospect of the Week" every Thursday afternoon, along with a few honorable mentions, highlighting the best of San Francisco Giants hopefuls. In the inaugural week, it's the Augusta GreenJackets' primary first baseman Dillon Dobson.
- Age: 22
- Hometown: Hamptonville, N.C.
- Height/Weight: 6'2", 220 lbs
- Drafted: 2015, 23rd round
- College: Appalachian State
- Key Stats: 6 XBH, 3 HR, 4 BB, .800 SLG, 98.5 FLD%
Batting in the three-spot in the GreenJackets' lineup in all seven games, Dobson registered a hit in every game except the season opener, in which he went 0-for-3 with a walk with a hard-hit line out. Dobson's three home runs lead the South Atlantic League and are second most in the organization during the first week, behind Richmond's first baseman Ricky Oropesa. He leads with six extra-base hits, which puts his slugging percentage of .800 at the top of the Giants' list and second in the South Atlantic League behind Rangers No. 16 prospect Andy Ibanez.
Dobson was a machine for the AZL Giants in his professional debut, getting 222 plate appearances and collecting 15 doubles, six triples, and three home runs before earning a late-season promotion to Salem-Keizer for the remaining six games of the year.
- 1B Ricky Oropesa: 4 HR, 8 RBI, 1.000 FLD%
- 2B Jalen Miller: 11 H, 3 2B, 1 3B, 1.000 FLD%
- OF Johneshwy Fargas: 3 3B, 2 SB, 3 BB
- RHP Phil Bickford: 4.2 IP, 1 BB, 10 K, .067 OBA
- RHP Vin Mazzaro: 3 G, 7 IP, 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP
— For the latest on #SFGiants minor leaguers, follow @Giant_Potential on Twitter